Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas' chocolate

Yesterday was my first Christmas in Chang Gung. And I first knew that everyone send and give chocolate to each other in Christmas. In my memories, people only send Christmas cards in Chrismas. This Chrismas, I have accepted plenty of various chocolate, like mint, coffee, milk favors. Seeing diverse chocolate, I recalled a novel named Charlie and the Chocolate Factory which I read in junior high school. It was my first English novel that I used to improve my English reading ability. You must felt curious and asked, "There were a large number of English novel, why you chose this one?" I couldn't concretely say why. I was just fascinated by its lovely cover and the letters "C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E", then I quickly "seized" it without second thought.


The person on the book cover is Mr. Willy Wonka

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was written by Roald Dahl, illustrated by Quentin Blake. The story talked about a little boy who love eating chocolate but he couldn't afford it because his family was poor. One day the biggest chocolate factory's owner, Mr. Willy Wonka, decided to allow five children to visit his mysterious factory. So he sent out five golden tickets which hid in chocolates in every candy stores. Charlie was eager to have the ticket, but he was afraid to ask for allowance to buy the chocolate. He never said anything about the tickets, but his parents and grand parents all knew what Charlie was eager for. One day, Charlie's grandpa Joe, decided to gave his cute grandson extra allowance to by the chocolate. After several days, there were four lucky children got the golden tickets. Charlie luckily got the last one, and decided to go with grandpa Joe. Then the following plot was the adventure in the chocolate factory.
Following are some illustrations in the novel which I take by my camara.
There was a chocolate lake in the factory

Boating in the chocolate lake
Because Charlie's home was poor, his grandparents all had to lie on the both end of one bed.

Chocolate can warm the body and heart in cold winter. When you feel melancholy, eating a chocolate can also help you to feel better. In Harry Potter, the people in the magic world also eat chocolate when met a an creature which make one feel cold and unhappy. Chocolate is such a fantastic and magical food!
Picture's origin: Taking by camara from the novel.

No comments: